With the increasing demands of a fast-paced life, a greater amount of pressure is placed on us to perform and work longer and harder. And these demands always come at a price, and for some people the price comes in the form of potential heart issues.
If you follow the statistics, we are seeing 1 out of every 12 people experiencing heart issues in their lives and this trend is increasing. With the increasing rate of fast food consumption and more people adopting a sedentary lifestyle, the rates of heart disease across the world is increasing at a faster rate than we’ve ever seen.
So, how can we go about reducing our chances of heart issues in the future? Well if we look to adopt just a few small changes in our lives, we have the ability to reduce our chances of heart disease to almost zero.
The changes may include:
1. Lower your Blood Pressure – Having an increased rate of blood pressure is one of the primary causes of heart disease. It has been shown that having an increased blood pressure can cause weakness in your heart and damage to your blood vessels. The most effective ways of reducing this naturally are eating well(see below), meditation and breathing exercises. Making a conscious effort to keeping your pressure in check will also aid in increasing the quality of your life and stress levels.
2. Eat Well – By making small changes to your diet to include a range of fruits, vegetables, grains and meats and avoiding foods with cholesterol will lighten the load on your heart, as large amounts of fats within the body adds an unwanted strain that over time, may lead to an attack. Along with reducing your chances for an attack, eating well goes a long way towards controlling and lowering your weight.
3. Losing a Few Pounds – The heavier the person is, the greater the strain on the heart. By looking to add a healthy diet and exercise to your daily life will go a long way towards reducing your weight and dramatically reduces your chances of an attack.
4. Exercise – Adding a regular regime of exercise in your life can provide multiple benefits to you, including losing weight, increasing and strengthening your health and circulation, reducing your stress by the increase in adrenalin and endorphin’s released during exercise and the deep breathing that comes with the exercise is ideal for detoxifying your body.
5. Stop Smoking – The evidence is clear in this matter: Smoking causes heart disease. If you can quit, then you’ve done yourself a massive favor and improved your chances of having a long and healthy life.
6. Sleep – You may not realize it but not getting enough sleep can increase your chances of heart disease over the long term. Sleeping is your bodies natural way of repairing and recuperating, so aim to get 7-8 hours of quality sleep a night and over time you will feel the benefits of this.
7. Medication – Did you know that taking a regular dose of aspirin can go a long way towards maintaining healthy circulation and lowering you instances of heart disease? Consult your physician for more information.
8. Hemodynamic Monitoring Technology – With people spending large portions of their incomes on clothes, travel and other discretionary items, why not look to invest in yourself and check out some of the technology out there that you could use on your journey to improved health. Whether it’s a blood pressure monitor that syncs with your smart phone or an app that can track your diet, exercise and other statistics, there is a wide range of technology out there that could be of great assistance to you. There is also noninvasive hemodynamic monitoring technology called Cheetah Nicom that can tell you your cardiac index, stroke volume, etc with just 4 sensors.
So with only a few small changes in some areas of your daily life, you can go a long way towards eliminating the risks of heart disease and securing yourself a healthy and vibrant future.